This is the response we got from “Administration”. We wanted to clarify a few things.
- It is essential to understand that Bust The B.U.B.B.L.E. and the Butler University Black Student Union are NOT one in the same. No Executive Officer of the Black Student Union is in leadership of Bust The B.U.B.B.L.E. This is intentional–as both entities have different missions, but similar goals. Don’t get it confused though–we make it a point to stand in unashamed solidarity with our sistas, brothas, and gender non-conforming members of the Black Student Union. #blacklove
- Founders X, (not Founder’s X) is the name of the group of four students who founded The Movement and are also four of the five members of Bust The B.U.B.B.L.E.’s leadership core. Bust The B.U.B.B.L.E.’s Director of Outreach is not a Founder, but is the fifth member of the Leadership Core. See our Welcome Page.
- The name of the movement is Bust The B.U.B.B.L.E.; not B.U.S.T. the Bubble, Bust T.H.E. Bubble or B.U.S.T. T.H.E. B.U.B.B.L.E.
- #MARCHMADNESS is indeed the name of the campaign centered around the releasing of our List of Demands to the University; however, Double Consciousness is the name of our blog that presents the perspectives of students of color at PWI’s. Our Demands and #MarchMadness are the names of two blog posts that detail the campaign. Double Consciousness is MUCH more than our demands.
- There has only been one list of demands sent; the flyers that were posted around campus were the synopsis of the demands and the Ours Demands article, on Double Consciousness, went into more detail to explain these demands. This was explained quite explicitly on the flyer.
Stay Tuned. 4/1/16.. 11.59 PM…